DKM Graf Zeppelin was the lead ship of the Graf Zeppelin-class aircraft carrier. She was the only aircraft carrier launched by the Kriegsmarine in an attempt to create a well-balanced ocean going fleet. The carrier was intended to have a complement of 42 fighters and dive bombers.
Named in honour of Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin and launched on 8th December 1938. She was never operational and remained in the Baltic for the duration of the war. She was scuttled in 1945.