***TRIALLING A NEW ON DEMAND COLOURCOATS PROCESS***
We are now offering "on demand colourcoats", a new ordering process for colours not currently available in stock on our website. This will allow you to order any colour already within our catalogue in any of the following sizes: 250ml, 500ml, 1 litre.
250ml - £19.50
500ml - £26.00
1-litre - £38.00
* Maximum of 3 different colours per order. 1 order per customer at any time. More orders can be placed once the current order is fulfilled.
* All finishes are as per our normal range with exceptions of 1 litre batches which can be of either matt, satin or gloss finish.
How to order on demand Colourcoats:
1. Complete this product listing and checkout - this will not charge you yet (no postage will be applied).
2. We will inform you of the lead time. This is expected to be between 1 to 3 weeks. This differs for each colour as its takes a different number of corrections for each colour. We have strict colour accuracy we must meet before a colour reaches our standards. This may be longer if demand is high.
3. Once a lead time has been given, we will forward an invoice for the cost of paint including postage. When this has been paid, we will begin to manufacture your paint.
4. When the paint is ready, we will dispatch alongside a dispatch email with tracking details.
WE ARE TRIALING EUROPEAN SHIPPING - INFORMATION ON THIS LINK
We are able to post paint/thinners to mainland Great Britain and some european desinations.
Due to enamel paints/thinners being classed as dangerous goods, posting requires us to adhere to certain regulations.
Orders are despatched twice weekly. Days may vary due to outside commitments but this will be detailed on the annoucement bar at the top of the website.
Full postage information can be found here
All paint is on a rolling re-stock. We receive vast amounts of emails requesting exact dates for when items are back in stock however we are unable to give you specific time frames for this due to the nature of trade orders and unpredictable retail sales.
As such, we do not respond to email requesting information about when a specific paint in back in stock. We recommend that you complete the notifier for when the levels are updated. This will send a one-time email when the stock is increased and will not subscribe you to any other emails from us.
We advised that you ensure to purchase enough paint to complete the model to maintain accuracy. Our paint buying guide can help: Paint Buying Guide
Whilst we do everything in our power to ensure consistency between batches using real people and not machines, we also carrying out constant improvement of our range and colour accuracy. As such we do make changes to colours when new information shows a discrepancy in our range. This allows us to carry the most accurate and authentic paint range.
Application Guide - Full Guide Here
Solid pigments and flattening agent will tend to separate from the carrier solvent if sat still for long periods of time, so we strongly recommend thorough mixing before use.
Colourcoats can be sprayed with a suitable airbrush or brush painted. When brush painting multiple thinned coats are recommended with sable brushes.
The recommended thinner is Colourcoats Thinners specially formulated for superior drying times and reduced odour. If necessary Colourcoats can be thinned with standard quality solvent thinners or cellulose thinners for rapid drying.